Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Kosuke Kawahara : Showing work tomorrow!

Here is more info on Kosuke Kawahara, showing his work at our one week show which opens tomorrow at 5pm. Show will run until next Thursday, see you there!

Artist Statement 

I hope to find out the sleeping image that exists in my unconsciousness.


I make art following the inspiration found in each moment. This comes about from no plan at all, but rather the chance build up of accidental shapes, lines, and colors born from inspiration. And in these spontaneous moments, I discover the inspiration I have built up synchronizing with the sleeping image from my subconscious mind. I choose this object as if scooping it up from the bottom of my consciousness. This is how I come up with subject matter for my works. 



No comments:

Post a Comment