Monday, July 23, 2012

Daniel C. Boyer : Showing his work at Loft594 this Thursday July 26th!

Daniel C. Boyer, will be showing his work this 

Thursday at Loft594! 


Here is a little more info on David.


Artist Statement 

My work is primarily influenced by surrealism and various methods developed by the surrealists. I start at many points but I think the end point is always a horizon over which lie more imaginative possibilities. My artwork reflects nightmare and reverie and plays over a wide range of political history, from that of the Reformation to the Soviet Union and beyond. I have painted with gouache diluted with Coca-Cola and Diet Coke and invented aspiratage, a method of making impressions in the pile of carpeting with a vacuum cleaner. I am attracted by the mysteriously dark tinting and patterning and sedimenting. 

I am influenced by the characters from politics and political history, whether their legacy is positive or negative. My Artwork can be not only a reflection of fantasy and humor, but also can represent misery and even horror when these characters are confronted by compromise and the effects of accommodation to dictatorship.

More info at http://www.artbreak.com/danielcboyer




No comments:

Post a Comment