Monday, July 23, 2012

July 26th Show Artist : KAS

Here is some more info on another one of our artists who will be showing work this Thursday, July 26th!

Bio

My name is Keith, KAS being my moniker, and I have dedicated my life to art and art appreciation. For as long as I have had an interest in art, I have been influenced by the traditional art I learned in Japan and New York’s gritty carefree culture. My traditional background developed in Japan, under Yamamoto Yuji and under his tutelage I learned the technicalities of watercolor and acrylic. In addition to still life, I also paint portraits and landscapes. I have a great interest in the natural condition so I would like to think that my art reflects that.

Artist Statement

The series of paintings that I have done are called “Bit by Bit.” The art that I draw is modern day still life. When I was in Japan, my art teacher helped me hone my painting skills by assigning me to paint miscellaneous still life objects like fruit, flowers, teapots, various masks and etc. I decided that I wanted to focus on my attention on painting objects that I actually like. My reasoning behind drawing simple every day modern objects is that in the future I would like people to consider the objects I painted as relics or classics; similar to the way we treat still life art now.  Not only that, but I want to focus on paintings that if I were the one buying art, which objects would I prefer to hang on my wall.  















No comments:

Post a Comment